- To manage and direct the smooth day to day running of the ADI UK Ltd Network, relating Hardware and Servers in the delivery and resolution of all support issues and queries, ensuring that high standards of internal and external customer service are met and that quality targets are reached and maintained.
- To be the key point of contact between ADI UK Ltd and the key sponsors and stakeholders within the business for all support and maintenance related aspects of the Network and Servers.
- To contribute to the review of proposed solutions for network and server improvements including the preparation of or reviewing of business benefits / functional specifications and technical solutions.
- To be the primary contact on all technical infrastructure related solutions and primary point of contact with all 3rd party suppliers in the delivery of the IT service(s)
- Responsibility for the ADI Private Wide Area Network for the UK
- Linux Server Support.
- Juniper EX series support
- Vendor Liaison
- Clear and timely administration of internal ticket system
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry sector developments
- Feeding process and product recommendations back to Head of IT and Change Management
Skills and experience
This will be a "hands on" role, requiring the individual to be organised, demonstrate attention to detail, excellent communications and working with their team to deliver the best solution for the business. Interaction will be required at all levels within the business from users to Board level with clear focus on providing high quality customer service.
3 - 5 years’ experience in a busy Information Technology, Network implementation and management environment, IT systems and Servers that form the Network Infrastructure is a must.
- Server Qualification, Linux (Redhat/Ubuntu/LPIC etc.) would be preferable
- Network qualification i.e. Juniper, JNCIA-Junos, Cisco, CCNA or equivalent
- Confidence building Router/Switch configurations using Juniper and Cisco Hardware
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP call setup, teardown and troubleshooting
- Routing experience , Support and some design of the following protocols - OSPF/RIP/BGP/MPLS
- Strong project Management experience to include troubleshooting, planning, installations and management to strict timescales.
- Proven track record in a technical support role with demonstrable experience of managing and mentoring networks to multiple external sites.
- Exchange server (preferably 2010) skills including database management and back up
- Ability to operate with a degree of flexibility by working outside of ‘normal’ operational or contractual hours to deliver a smooth and seamless IT/ network operation were necessary, including weekends, evenings and ‘On Call’ which is primarily driven by the sporting calendar as ADI is a 365/24/7 business.
It is essential that the candidate must be able to remain calm under pressure, be a team player, flexible and customer focused with strong communication skills.
If you have the relevant experience please submit your CV and salary expectation to Jackie.Walkerdine@adi.tv